This role is responsible for modeling complex Institute problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results. The applicants will need a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project. Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PhD degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- High proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing,
- and optimization algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading teams.
- Financial industry/business knowledge.